Pages

Thursday 29 July 2010

A NON RELATIONSHIP RELATIONSHIP?

So, i was presented with a very interesting proposition the other day which i found ridiculous. (its totally fictional by the way!!) 
This person that i have liked for a while now and actually enjoy spending time with came up with this idea he thought will be perfect since i am dead set against having a relationship with anyone at all for the foreseeable future.

so, why don't you wanna be with me? do you not like me?
i like you a lot you know that. its just that, i find that relationships suck and i don't really wanna go down that road again if you know what i mean
but i really like you and want to be with you he said.
i know that babe, but you have to try and understand me. i like you top and i enjoy spending time with you but as i said, i am not ready i said.
maybe, you don't like me that much because if you did, nothing will stop you he replied.
its not like that. you know what it is. i just don't think am capable of what you want now and i do not want to hurt you in any way. that was me.
OK. i get what you are saying, but my point is, you cannot give up something without giving it a chance first he said.
OK, so by now, am losing patience a bit because, am not likely to change my mind. I knew i had to find a way to come to a compromise so i said to him, i still wanna see you though. i mean, when am around you, am happy.
i do not want to be your link he says.
i never said i wanted you to be my link i say back.
So, what you are saying is, we should continue to see each other but not have a relationship?
Yes i replied! finally seeing it my way i thought.
That's not good enough for me he said. i want more than that. i don't wanna be the guy you call when you feel like there is nothing else for you to do on a random day and call to come fuck!!! he was shouting at me now.
i tried to be calm as i replied. it really won't be like that babe, you won't be my link. we can still do stuff together, i said lamely.
He scowled at me adoringly and said slowly; OK, let me get it straight. you want to spend time with me right?
Yes, i replied.
You want to go out and do stuff like movies and dinners and ice skating and stuff right? he asked me.
I don't know about the skating bit but, yeah, we can do all the other stuff that you just said, i replied.
OK, he said, drawing in a deep breath, he came out and said this to me; so, basically. what you want is for us to be together without being together? Like, a relationship that is not really a relationship?
OK HOLD ON!! this is me shouting... now am confused. that is not possible is it? it'll just be like linking though won't it? i asked uncertainly.
Well, it will not be exactly like linking because we will be doing all the normal stuff as opposed to just jumping each others bones right he asked me back!
Well, i suppose you are right if you put it that way, i agreed. but really, you won't be my link or my boyfriend so, what else is there? I wondered out loud.
A relationship without a relationship, he said laughing and putting his arms around my waist, pulled me closer and kissed the top of my head.
Ew, i said, can you please not say that out loud? 
He just laughed again and said; remember this was your idea beautiful. so, what would you call it? he asked curious.
Well....i drawled. i suppose we could say that we are seeing each other i guess. but, its not a no strings attached thing in any way so, do not even think about giving me any crap when i find you being friendly with some next chick. i huffed smiling angelically at him.
He looked at me for a few seconds before he burst out laughing again. 
Why are you laughing at me? i asked looking a little pissed.
Am not laughing at you he said. i just think you should make up your mind on what you really want and tell me when you have babe.
Fine! i replied. This is what i want. i want to do all the things that you mentioned (except ice skating) but i do not want to be called your girlfriend. does that make sense to you? i asked
He was trying not to laugh i could tell. but he said; OK. we can do that. only because you are crazy confused and totally irresistible!! 
Hahahaha, i laughed throwing my arms around him and pulling his face to mine to give him a long lingering kiss full of promises....
When we could breath again, he spoke softly and said; we'll have a none relationship relationship babe, if that is what you want.
EW!!  I exclaimed. i said, do not say that out loud i punched him lightly in the chest.
HE just laughed, pulled me into his arms for a hug and said; what ever you say beautiful confused girl...........

No comments:

Post a Comment