Pages

Saturday 24 July 2010

FEMINISM?? I THINK NOT!!

Most of the time, some of my girlfriends tell me i think like a man when i air my views about relationships. I think its mostly to do with my easy acceptance of how things are instead of dwelling on how people think it should be and if i can help it, i will not try to change a situation that is not within my control.

I suppose you could call it cowardice but recently, someone asked me an interesting question. He was wondering if i was a feminist and that got me thinking. I know my views are strong about certain things but i wouldn't go that far. As far as am concerned, there are certain things women should not have to do in relationships. The most important is not to think of a man as your husband if he hasn't put a ring on your finger. ( i don't really care what he has told you in secret)!!or whatever. that is just setting your self up for disappointment (but hey, don't listen to me, am the last person to give relationship advise seeing as i suck so much at them!!) 

I don't think a woman should have to be able to do certain things like cook for her to be marriageable!! i mean, come on!! isn't that kind of hypocritical? if a man wants an independent woman who can do her own stuff and help look after the family, he shouldn't expect to get a bloody Stepford wife!!!! 

But back to my point, enough of my ramblings, i do believe that men and women are equal in every way.especially in this modern world we live in. I mean , sure, tradition is good too but.... but, i will not stand for certain things that most people concern themselves with these days. I know some people will probably dislike me a little or a lot for my views but really, am a writer and to be honest, the whole what people think of me matters notion is completely lost on me. (look at me rambling again!!) anyway, as i was saying, i expect to have links, yes as many as i want and at any time that i want. what, should i just sit in my house and wait for Mr right? I don't think so! i have needs for crying out loud and they cannot wait for Mr right! 

When i do get in a relationship with someone, i do not expect him to expect certain things from me or vise versa. for example, i do not expect every guy i date to marry me or have that on his mind! can you imagine how tedious my life will be? how many broken hearts?  jeez, one is enough!! To be perfectly honest, when it comes to marriage, i DO think like a man. why spoil a good thing? that is my motto. do you know how many marriages end in divorce these days? not to mention cheating husbands. Look at it this way, if we ain't married and you cheat or i cheat, we can both walk away from it with no legalities involved, thank you very much!. My second point is, a woman should not have to be able to know how to cook or clean your house or be nice to you friends or kiss your holy ass for her to be marriageable. The only logical reason to wanna marry someone should be an equal amount of love and stupidity!! I really hate it when men go on about girls they are seeing who cannot cook. blud, if you want a cook, go marry auntie Bessie or something you get me? My aunt used to tell me my husband will put my soup in a bottle and post it to my mum someday because, i did not know how to cook when i was young! (yeah, laugh out loud) 

As far as am concerned, relationships, whether serious or not should be equal. after all, what's good for me is good for you but, what do i know eh? i am a 20something who is single and happy to have men doing stuff for me and having no intention of marrying anyone anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment